Ahhh! One of Those Days

     Ahhh, life is too much!  I woke up this morning overwhelmed again.  Not enough money, broken cars, messy house, gaining weight, wild kids and no motivation!  I was feeling pretty lousy and fell apart before God.  On my knees, sobbing, pouring my heart out and once again, surrendering this life to Him.  Having to ask forgiveness for trying to control everything myself and asking God to help me trust Him fully, to work through me, work in me and work in spite of me! :)
     After about 10 minutes of this blubbering, I began to feel a calmness and eventually peace and I remembered that God is bigger than I can ever fathom, that He loves me more than I can ever imagine and He wants to give me a full life.  How interesting!!  I heard this message at church this week, taught this message at church this week and will be teaching it again on Sunday night, and yet...I had to be reminded.     
     A verse came to my mind, John 16:33.  Jesus was talking to His disciples just hours before His death, because they did not understand what was coming.  They had been together with Jesus for three years, witnessed miracles, watched Jesus demolish the "law" the Pharisees were trying so hard to hold on to and I would imagine these 12 men felt a huge sense of peace and comfort being in the physical presence of God, every day!  At John 16:32, Jesus begins to say some crazy things to these 12 men.  He said, "But a time is coming, and has come, when you will be scattered, each to his own home.  You will leave me all alone.  yet, I am not alone, for my Father is with me."  What???  Scattered???  Home???  Alone???
     I always imagine the disciples were confused a great deal when Jesus was talking and this would have seemed crazy!  How could they go back home, be separated from each other and Jesus?  How scary and unsettling it must have been that night!  But then, Jesus goes on to say at John 16:33, "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace.  In this world you will have trouble.  But take heart!  I have overcome the world."
     Phew!!!  That is where today finds me!  When my days are scattered, when this world brings me trouble, when I feel alone in these challenges, I can breathe because Jesus has overcome the world!  This may not mean that my troubles are gone tomorrow, but it means I have hope and will not be overcome by the world.

     Father God, I praise you today for the peace you bring to me.  I thank You for bringing me to a spot of brokenness today.  That broken spot reminded me that you are big, you are mighty and all I need to do is surrender this life to You!  I trust you God with all I have, all I need and all I am.  Amen

Comments

  1. Wonderful reminder of where are hearts and minds should be. Thanks Erin.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts