Embrace Today

     So much of the time I sit and think about my choices in the past or the things I hope for in the future and I often have to remind myself to embrace today.  We talk about it a lot, but if we are honest, we are often living somewhere other than today.  Today I was feeling a bit homesick for Phoenix and all the things I had there.  I started wishing for last year and formulating for next year.  So, I had to take a minute and look around TODAY...it took me a few minutes, but God began to fill my heart with the things of today; my amazing husband riding bikes with our kids, my five year old showing me she can ride a skateboard, my eleven year old finding some relaxation before our busy school week begins, the freedom to homeschool my kids as well as a job I love and do from home.
     Most of all, I am filled with the amazing love of a God who sent His Son to pay the price for all the wrong choices in my past, today and my future.  So on a day when I am feeling a bit homesick and I am tempted to wallow in it, I am reminded to enjoy today, to look around and embrace what fills my life today.


 "This is the day that the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it."
Psalm 118:24

I know some of you are not feeling like there is much filling your life today.  I would love to pray with you!  I also encourage you to spend some time with God...just talk to Him and tell him anything on your mind.  He will meet you where you are every time.

Dear God, everything in my life is not as I want it.  Forgive me for not being content.  Help me to be thankful for the good things I see around me today.  Give me patience and help me to trust you.  Amen.

Comments

  1. Erin that is such a great post. I needed that. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts