Surrendered Woman, Not Superwoman

    Today, I have two, different, part time jobs at church, I babysit my niece and I edit photography about 20-25 hours per week.  Oh and did I mention I homeschool my three children?  Am I crazy?  At one time I would have said yes, but today?  I do not think so.
     I have always thrived on activity and usually when my schedule gets as busy as it seems now, I begin to panic, fall apart and do a great deal of crying.  The question on my mind lately is why am I so calm?  Yesterday, just like a light bulb went off, I figured it out.  In previous years, my calendar was full of things I wanted to do.  They were all good things, working for my church, Bible studies, etc...but again, they were things I wanted to do.
     In the last few years I have been working hard at fully surrendering, all of me, to God.  (This is much harder than it sounds.)  I have truly tried to take up my cross, of selfish ambition, daily in exchange for God's plan.  The result?  I have found that surrender is a daily battle, but a battle worth fighting.  Because now, as I have too many things to do, I am pretty positive they are all the things God wants to do through me right now.
     As long as I remember that I am not a Superwoman, not able to accomplish any of these things on my own, God can do it all through me.  I am simply a vessel for His purposes and that makes all the difference in the world.

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.  2 Corinthians 12:9

Comments

Popular Posts