"Religious" or "With God"

      Am I a "religious" person or a "with God" person?  That is the question one of my Pastors asked in church tonight.  Do I go to church and serve in ministry because those are the things a "good Christian" does?  Or, do I go to church and serve in ministry because I am crazy in love with Jesus and I want to be where He is?
     Does my heart break enough for empty hearts and lost souls?  Does a passion, for the things God is doing, cause me to, jump, and leap, and run into this crazy world sharing the amazing love of Jesus?  Am I brave enough and confident enough to turn my palms up and offer all of me to the plans and purposes of my Savior?  No matter what?
   Or am I held back by the lies of the enemy?  Lies that come in the form of fear and hesitation, questioning and worrying.  Lies that tell me I cannot really do ALL the things God is setting before me.  Tonight in church, I was painfully aware that the enemy has had power in my heart and mind again.  In tears, I asked God to forgive me for not trusting Him, for trying to fit everything in the neat, little box of "how it should be."
    I was reminded that when God includes me in His work, it will not look anything like, "how it should be."  I will not be able to see the end before we start and I have no way to fathom the amazing things He will do.  So, again I surrender.  I take a step with God and trust Him because...He could do it all without me...but I sure do not want to miss it.

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us"  Ephesians 3:20

Comments

Popular Posts