Praying for Joy

    Tonight in the grocery store, I overheard a dad speak harshly to his young son.  I looked over and was heartbroken by the look on the young boy's face.  The little boy was sad and defeated by the very man who should give him love and confidence.  I began to get angry and looked at the father and was taken aback.  In his face, there was no joy.  None.  Not even a little bit.  My heart was sad and God whispered, "pray for this dad, he needs joy."   I quickly began praying this father could find joy, that he would know Jesus and that his heart would be filled.
     I am the Life Ministries Director at our church, and tonight I was reminded, we, as the church, have a huge responsibility to the families in our community.  It is our job to reach out, share the love and Jesus and help families find hope and joy.   Tonight in the grocery store, I knew in the deepest part of my heart, if that father could find joy, it would overfill his heart and spill onto his son.


God, tonight I pray for that dad and his family.  I don't know them, but you do Lord.  Please, give him joy.  Let his children feel Your love through their earthly father.  If I can be your hands and feet, let it be so.  May I not forget.  In your Son's name, amen.


Comments

Popular Posts