Moving...

     A few years ago, I was dying to get out of this town.  My husband had been out of work for two years, we had left our church and we did not have any friends...I was just miserable.  I wanted anything but what we had.  However, over the last year we have found an incredible church where we have had many, many ministry opportunities, we have made and rekindled some great friendships and of course, my mom, dad, sister and grandmother are here! 
     Funny, how God's timing, never matches ours. Out of the blue two months ago, my husband received a call from the corporate office of Amazon (where he has been working for the last two years)...a month and a half later, after a round of interviews, came a great job offer...the kind of great you just do not say no to.  Sounds amazing doesn't it?  The job is in Seattle...we are in Phoenix.  I am guessing you can see where I am headed.
     At first, I really fought with God and tried to figure out how this absolutely could not be His plan...I tried to put doubt in my husband, hoping he would say he did not want the job.  I worked hard to find every reason we should not go.  I prayed and cried and prayed some more and in that still, small voice, I began to hear, "Trust me daughter."  Apparently I am quite stubborn, because I cannot tell you how many times over the last month, I have seen Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  Seriously, this verse has come up many, many places, even this morning in a note of encouragement from a dear friend.  Yes, I hear you God.
     I am still sad and I still do not see how I can be away from so many people I love, but I also have peace.  I know, deep down in my heart that God is good and faithful, loving and kind and that He most certainly has a plan for us...a good plan.  I cannot see how leaving all we have here is good (and I let God know this daily), but I trust Him fully.  I will do some more crying and I will still be sad, but I am now trusting God and resting in His promises daily regarding this move.  I have had some incredible opportunities to serve and minister to people here lately and I cannot fathom why He would pull me away...but I like to think whatever it is, it is going to be good! 

Watch for my next post on Abraham where I will tell you the amazing way God prepared me for this move...and I did not even know he was doing it!
    

Comments

Popular Posts