Angels Watching Over Me

     As I sit here and think about the verses in my Bible reading plan today, I am picturing what it would be like to see Jesus and Satan standing together.  I wonder, is Satan ugly, scary or horrible looking?  How does he look in comparison to Jesus?  Would I recognize him?
     In Matthew 4:1-11, I read the account of Jesus being tempted and I wonder what the scene really looked like.  What would it be like to stand next to Satan?  What would it be like to be weak and tired, lonely and hungry, and be taken to place after place by him where those physical and emotional needs could be met?  I realized, I know how that feels.  I have stood next to Satan, weak and tired, lonely and hungry.  I know what it is to see something temporary and know it could satisfy me for a moment.

I know how Jesus was feeling and more importantly, He knows how I have felt.


     There was one part of this story that struck me differently today.  Verse 11.  "The devil left him and behold, angels came and were ministering to Him."  Wow...all those days I wrestle with Satan, angels come and minister to me. Can you imagine it?  That is something I wish I could see with my human eyes.

Heavenly Father, you are so good to me.  Today, despite everything going on around me, I rest in your strength and in the promise of your angels ministering to me.  Amen
 
If you need some angels ministering to you, I urge you right now, talk to God, put your trust and faith in Him and let his angels surround you.
A few songs came to my mind as I was writing this morning.  Look them up and worship!  An old one, Amy Grant's Angels Watching Over Me, and Chris Tomlin, Whom Shall I Fear.

Comments

Popular Posts