The Greatest of These

     Last night I shared with you God's call for me to fiercely love those He put in front of me, one night during worship.  As I was ready to quit using some of my gifts and talents, He put images of those He was reminding me to love in my mind, and I thought I understood. As usual, I had no idea God was not done teaching me on this topic.  

     One of my pastors shares that the apostle John encouraged us, at the end of his life, that love is the most important thing.  Although I cannot remember his exact quote, my pastor will say something like, "At the end of John's life, after all he has done and seen, John tells us above everything, the most important is to love."

     I thought I understood this idea...  Don't you love how God will show you something new and something deeper when the time is right.  

A few nights ago, I had a friend on my couch, broken and crying over some hard stuff in her life.  As I sat and listened, and hugged her, and hurt for her, God said, "THIS is what I mean."  As I shared in my last post, God broke some ambition in me during that night of worship, He unbusied me and told me to love.  

This night, with my friend, He said, "This is what I meant...although I may give you opportunities to use your gifts and skills they are not most important.  You have been very worried about how I am going to use you, Erin, walking with my precious daughter and loving her through this difficult time, is the most important thing I am asking you to do."  Yes God, now I understand.

     What makes this call to fiercely love so wonderful?  Love is an equalizer, it does not matter who you are or what you do, you can love.  It does not matter what your title is, where you work, how much money you make, if you are married or single, or how old you are, you can love.  

And ultimately, love saved the world.

God may give us opportunities to do many things in our lives, but loving people will always be the most important.  If we do not truly value and invest in the people God puts in our presence, we will miss the point entirely.  Who is God asking you to love today?


"For God so love the world, He gave His only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in Him will not perish but have everlasting life."  John 3:16


If you do not know Jesus and you want to, if you want to have a relationship with this God I am talking about, who loved us so much He gave His life for us, send me a message.  I would love to share Him with you.

Comments

Popular Posts