Do I Really Do It All?

Let's be really honest...the answer to that question, is most definitely no.

While I would love to take the title of Wonder Woman, I absolutely do not do it all.

Right now, as I type, all my Christmas decorations are still up, my house is just about a wreck, I have laundry piled up and we have no groceries.  My floors are dirty, bathrooms and bedrooms a wreck, and I am desperately hoping nobody "stops by."

I have not sent Christmas cards out in maybe 10 years, I usually forget birthdays and plan last minute.  I get totally worn out, and cry a lot.
Most Sunday afternoons, I fall apart and tell my hubby, that I am going to quit everything and hide in the house for the rest of my life.

So while I appreciate all the compliments of wondering how I "do it all."
I absolutely cannot accept them. 

The one thing I will say is, I try to always ask God what He wants me to do and then just go for it.  I know that if He has called me to something, He will get me through the doing, and all the tears will be worth it.  And you know what?  I get to do a whole lot of really great things, with a lot of really great people.  

I do not want to miss out on one thing God asks me to do, but just like everyone else, I only have so much time or energy.  So, when I take on a new task or project, I usually let something go for a time.  Usually housecleaning. :)  And I'm ok with that.

 Show me your ways, Lord, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. 
Psalm 25:4-5


Comments

Popular Posts