In-N-Out, Not Just For Burgers

     Often times, church and ministry meetings are focused on how to bring people IN to the church.  We talk about programing and ministries and strategies for reaching people once they are in our buildings.  However, the very of idea of reaching implies a moving away from the body. 
     Our communities are full of people who need Jesus.  Many of these people can not or will not come into our churches.  We can never become so focused on our services and our events that we forget to reach out away from our body into these lives.  I admit, it is far easier to makes plans within our church.  I know how things work inside the church, I know exactly what I have to work with and many times, can just work within my gifts.  This ministry IN the church is terribly important, but equally important is the work we do OUTside of our church.
     As I read through the Gospels, and the ministry Jesus did, I am reminded that He walked for most of His earthly ministry.  He did not have only one place He went every week to wait for the people.  Jesus went out, made Himself available and met them where they were.  As a ministry leader, it is important that I put as much prayer, thought and focus to reaching out into my community as I do building within my church.  Tomorrow I will talk about some of the challenges this creates!

And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation. 
Mark 16:15 

Comments

Popular Posts