Not So With You

     I found this post today I had written months ago and for whatever reason, thought it not ready to post.  As I read it today, I felt different.  So here it is.

     As I sit here and write tonight, my Uncle is breathing his last breaths.  I am sad for his children, his grandchildren, his siblings.  I wonder, what are they wishing for right now?
     Everyday we have many choices of how to spend our time.  Will we spend it worried about ourselves?  Will we spend it being angry?  Will we spend it trying to get the most out of this world?  Or will we spend it in love?  In love with our Savior, surrendered to Him, pursuing His kingdom and sharing His love with others?
    Is the goal of my days really to get as much out of this world as I can before I leave it?  Is the focus of my life here on earth supposed to be about how high I can climb the ladder and how much stuff I can acquire as I do?  Will I finally have arrived when enough people see how great I am and how capable I am and when I am being fulfilled?  Jesus says in Mark 4:3 "Not so with you."

Comments

Popular Posts